Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell

Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell
Favorite astronomical painting

Monday, April 26, 2010

First draft and running


I'm working my way through the first draft of my novel A Change of Heart. I'm over half way through but will have to go through it again certainly. Another bit of non writing news. I won my age group in the mini marathon (half marathon: 13.1 miles) this past Saturday at Louisville. I have dreamed of some day winning my age group in that race and finall did. Things had to work for it to happen. I had decent conditioning, the nagging injury was toned down and no hot dog runners showed up. My time was one hour fifty-nine minutes and twenty-seven seconds. I wanted to break two hours and really had to cook that last 1.1 miles to do it. I've had six second places in that race and finally won. There were 31 men in the 70+ age group. Larry

No comments: