Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell

Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell
Favorite astronomical painting

Friday, October 21, 2011

Today I received the images, various sizes for my new short story coming out at Wild Rose. View the image here. I don't have a release date yet but that should be coming down from cyber space before too long. I think it is a rather good cover, capturing the smarts of Bess, the heroine in the story. It does take place in cold weather so the head covering is appropriate.
A bit of bad news today though is the rejection of my science fiction novel by DAW Books. I immediately queryed Crescent Moon Press via email and see what happens there. I encourage my followers or anyone else to drop me a comment. My poor blog doesn't get much traffic that I know of.

5 comments:

Anne Patrick said...

Congrats on your upcoming release, Larry. Great cover! Good luck with your other submissions.

Laurean Brooks said...

Great cover, Larry. This really captures the 50s look.

Is this the story I read a few months back, once titled "Big Is Beautiful?" It was a beautiful story.

Miss Mae said...

Great cover, Larry, and congrats on your contract! :)

Sarah J. McNeal said...

I love your story premise. I wish you every success with your upcoming release.

Larry Hammersley said...

Anne, Laurie, Miss Mae and Sarah thanks so much for your well wishes. I look forward to its release. My last release was back in July of 2009 I think. Yes, Laurie this is the "Big is Beautiful" story renamed and cast in vintage times. I couldn't get it accepted for a contemporary story.