Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell

Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell
Favorite astronomical painting

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Marcy's Struggle

Marcy's Struggle was rejected for the contemporary line a time back so I've submitted it to the Vintage Rose line at Wild Rose Press. I had to change a few things to root it in the early sixties. Also, the reason I show the Lab Partners cover is because this character is taken from the novel which features Leroy and Jody called A Change of Heart. Leroy only shows briefly in this story. Marcy was a minor character in the novel. Ross, her love interest, shows even more brief in the novel. Since Marcy lost her bid for Leroy in the novel I wanted her to find romance and so enter Ross, the quarterback into her life. She's in graduate school working toward her PhD in chemistry. She must convince Ross that she's over Leroy but she must convince herself too.

2 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

Hello Larry! I just saw you at the rose trellis and wanted to stop by to lend my encouragement to you. I hope your work finds a publishing home, if it hasn't already.

Good luck and keep on, don't give up. If you love writing, things will happen for you.

I have an author friend who submitted over and over again. She didn't give up, took the advice offered by editors and now is a best seller with 10 books to her credit.

It will happen. Just listen and learn and soon you will be published!

Larry Hammersley said...

Hi Kaye: Thanks for the encouragement. I believe in this novel as I do my others. I'm taking the advice of a lady critique partner via rosetrellis and have the novel ready to go to the second publisher, hopefully today. I really appreciate you coming by as my poor blog doesn't get much traffic. I'm glad your friend's persistence paid off with her ten novels out there. Marcy's Struggle is a short story I'm submitting for the second time to the same online publisher but a different line in that publisher's host of roses.