Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell

Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell
Favorite astronomical painting

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bad and good news, sort of

Being concerned about not hearing from Wings Press for six months about my Leroy and Jody romance novel I tried to figure out who to ask at their site.  Being unable to do that I expressed my concern and confusion to my good writer friend, Joyce Dipastena.  She graciously found the email addy and gave that to me.  I emailed my inquiry to someone named Pat and she replied in short order and said she never received my submission.  I wondered if they considered my story as a solicited manuscript since they don't accept unsolicited manuscripts anymore.  Pat said yes, they had asked me for it.  I sent it again and this time it didn't get lost in cyber space.  She said she would add it to the readers list.  How long this will take is unknown since they have a big backlog.  I have included the image from my short story Lab Partners because this is a novel about those characters only cast in modern times.  The segment of this short story is in the novel only modified as Leroy and Jody had aleady met in the novel when they are lab partners whereas in the short story they had not met.
Still no word on The Higher Mission, my science fiction thriller.  I sent the revisions back and Judy Gill said she would get to it soon.  She is a person of her word so I may hear within the next week.

No comments: