Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell

Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell
Favorite astronomical painting

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Higher Mission submitted again

After the first revision of The Higher Mission was rejected because of continued grammar problems, I worked for a month on it again.  I consulted Strunk and White's Elements of Style at Ms. Gill's suggestion, my Harper's Handbook, and Grammar Girl on the internet trying to straighten out my errors in verb conjugation.  I went through chapter four of Strunk and White trying to correct my usage of the words in that chapter that we typically misuse.  I have submitted it again for Judy Gill's look at it.  She is the acquisitions editor at Burst Books.  At the time she received it she was on a boating vacation so I expect a reply no sooner than the end of this month.  She is very communicative and nice to work with.  I've done about all I can do with grammar.  If nothing else comes out of this I will have learned some grammar.  That's a good thing.
No word yet on my Leroy and Jody romance novel submission.  It's title is A Change of Heart.

No comments: