Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell

Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell
Favorite astronomical painting

Sunday, December 16, 2012

News on my two novels

I inquired with the two publishers where I have my two novels.  One publisher, Burst Books, has had my science fiction thriller/romance for three and a half months.  The other publisher, Wings e-press, has had my romance novel for five months.  They both answered me in the same day as I inquired.  The romance novel, A Change of Heart is now in the hands of a second reader.  My science fiction novel The Higher Mission being with the acquisitions editor has a new development.  The acquisitions editor has resigned but she asked me to send my manuscript again which I did.  Today, Sunday December 16th she emailed me with a suggested change in one part of it and said she would recommend to the present acquisitions editor acceptance on Monday if I agreed to the change she suggested.  I gladly agreed with a careful and tactful minor change to her wording.  Now it is the waiting game once again.  By the way, she will ask to be my editor but doesn't know if the present acquisitions editor will go along with that or not.  I hope that happens.  This is as close as I've ever come at gaining acceptance for one of my novels in my 37 years of writing.

No comments: