Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell

Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell
Favorite astronomical painting

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Shunammite Woman query submitted

I have submitted a query of the Shunammite Woman to a publisher who published my science fiction novel The Silver Dart.  That was about a week and a half ago.  I've not heard anything yet.  The poem by my preacher friend, Fred McKinney I had decided not to include because I didn't think he would want his poem to be under a copyright of my story in case it sees publication.  I've since received word from him not to worry about that and go ahead and include it.
If I don't hear anything or it is rejected I'll probably go with CreateSpace like I did with my religious publication In Remembrance Of Me.  That way it would go into print.  Otherwise, a publisher might not put it into print because at just over 18,000 words it doesn't even reach novella status.
I have read through my old novel The Vanishing Shed with the intentions of resubmitting it in hopes to gain an agent or publisher.  I've noticed some of my segments are "over the top" in Nina's response to Buddy and so will shorten that part.  I estimate that will probably drop it from 85,000 to 84,000 words.  This is the novel which I received a rejection but a handwritten note from the agent that I was on the right track.  She wanted me to revise it a certain way.  I refused to do that but later decided to and resubmitted it to her.  I never heard back from her.  After putting the finishing touches on this and submitting it probably several times I'll probably start revising another novel that suffered numerous rejections.  Its name is A Reason For Rescue.  There will need to be some changes to it as well.
My poor blog needs some comments and I'd welcome that, even negative ones. If that happens, positive or negative please do me the courtesy of reading my answers.  I would appreciate it.

No comments: