Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell

Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell
Favorite astronomical painting

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Yet another rejection

My short science fiction story, Chances are Slim, was rejected in short order.  At least Clarkesworld responds very quickly as other online science fiction publishers may take a number of weeks to give a decision on a submitted work.  They say to wait seven days before submitting another story.  I'll have to see what I have in my backlog of short SF stories to submit next.  In the meantime I'm reading a Civil War novel of a friend and am over half way through that.  As soon as I finish that and maybe write a review I can get back to the finishing touches on my new SF novel, The Silver Dart.  I only have to insert a phrase or two to straighten it out.  I need to read through it again one last time before sending it to some publisher or agent.
Since the story that was rejected takes place on Mars I've included an image of Mars.  If I had a close up of the features of one of the polar caps I'd show that since the main character goes to the ice cap in the story.

No comments: