Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell

Saturn as seen from Titan, painting by Chesley Bonestell
Favorite astronomical painting

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Mary Magdalene story

I have finished the fiction/nonfiction story about Mary Magdalene.  There have been lots of stories about this New Testament character but I have not read any of them.  The fictional part is mainly about her early life.  The nonfictional part is about her being present at the cross of Jesus and at His tomb to be the first to witness His resurrection.  I consulted several biblical references in the four Gospels and a website and a book entitled The Fourfold Gospel to place the sequence of happenings of Mary at the end of the books Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
I will self-publish this via KDP and either come up with my own cover front and back or hire it done.
I have done no more on my Rescue novel at this time.

3 comments:

Me said...

Larry
Linda Cullison texted me the results of the 1995 Persimmon race where you were 68 years old and broke 20 minutes!
An astounding and under appreciated feat...
Ive never stopped but am lucky at 64 if I could break 23.
Well done.
I just got finished in August with prostate cancer treatment.

REL

Larry Hammersley said...

REL: I just now spotted your comment and am so glad to hear from you. I hope that treatment went well. I elected to have my gland removed back in 2005. You might know I was hit by a car while jogging, spent 13 days in the hospital last June. They discovered cancerous tumors on both my kidneys while looking for injuries. I had the large tumor removed December 10 but still have a small tumor in left kidney and hope to get that one removed soon. I have a pacemaker and never thought I would have heart problems either. Heart doctor won't let me run anymore. I am walking fast for three miles. I have aorta valve narrowing. Lucky to be alive from that car smashing me. Police report and witness made it sound liked I was at fault. Would you believe. Keep in touch and thank you so much for reaching out. I always remember our good times in road runs.

Larry Hammersley said...

REL I looked up that time in 1995 and it was 19:56 but I was 58 years old and not 68. I was born in 1938. 1996 was a real banner year. I ran my only marathon that year actually qualifying for Boston. I wish I had gone. I also pred in the minimarthon at Louisville. Drop a comment anytime. It is always good to hear from you.